Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wrap Up Talk with Claire Anne

What stood out to Claire Anne the most about the book was that the Bishop who was so kind, granted to acts of kindness upon Kean Valjean and it turned his life around and Valjean changed the lives of so many people. She thought it was amazing that just two simple acts could effect so many people for so long. For me, I don't think if Clarie Anne mentioned that I would have picked up on it so much. What stood out to me the most, was what I read in the unabridged version about the Bishop. He was so kind and generous, with no reason to be at all. He extended his hand to everyone, even those who weren't his biggest fans and asked nothing in return. The other thing that stood out to me was the Jean Valjean was able to keep up his goal of being a good person, just like the Bishop throughout his life. He did it because of the Bishop's kindness, but there was no other motivation and the Bishop died shortly after his kind acts. Jean Valjean continued in the Bishops footsteps, purely through self motivation and his will to become virtuous and make up for his past. I thought his determination was amazing and his ability to follow through with the promise he made something to strive for in my life.

I would recommend this book to people who like to read, because it is a tough book to get through because the wording and time period is different and hard to understand sometimes. If you don't like reading, you would probably give up on it, but it is worth it because it is a great story about virtue and perseverance, justice and morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment