Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wrap Up Talk with Jaleh

To Jaleh the book was mostly about Tereza and she thought Tereza felt like she had to be faithful and she had to try and be strong and she had to do all theses things to be happy. Jaleh thought that all she had to do was live her life the way she wanted and she would be happy, or light. I, on the other hand didn't think the book was about any of the four main characters more than the others. I thought they were all equally important and they were all to show how lightness vs. heaviness affected different people. Jaleh didn't see there being any "unbearable lightness", only a good lightness, where as I saw there was a middle ground to the lightness that would take the "unbearable" part out of it. What stood out to me was that worry or overthinkining caused the lightness to be unbearable. I thought you had to not take things so seriously to feel light, which is one thing Jaleh and I agreed on.

I really like parts of this book, but found some parts weird and some unnecessary. I like the philosophical parts a lot, where the author talked about lightness vs. weight, and I realize that it wouldn't be as enjoyable a book without the characters, but I just wished their stories were different. So I wouldn't recommend the book to people on a regular basis or just go tell everyone to read it (I would only recommend to those who maybe were stressed about life or something) but I wouldn't caution anyone against reading it, if they asked my opinion about it,

No comments:

Post a Comment